Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 2

Today I had a meeting with the director. Discussed what will happen for auditions on Monday and Tuesday of next week, then callbacks on Wednesday. I'll have to keep track of who comes and goes during the auditions. Also I get to sit in on the auditions as well, so that should be really interesting. It'll be neat to see how another director(I have directed before as well) chooses people for their cast. I won't be able to go too much into detail about the auditions though because what happens in the audition stays in the audition.

I also need to create a couple templates for different things I need to keep track of. The production reports, and contact sheets for both production staff and actors. It's a lot of people to keep track of.

I got a very unique idea from the director as well. He suggested a toolbox of sorts as a stage manager. He said the best ones he has worked with had toolbox with anything and everything in it, ready to fix or do anything. I'm intrigued by that idea but I don't' exactly have a toolbox lying around. I might look into a small one. We shall see, but I can definitely see the benefits of it.

Next meeting I have is Monday in the morning just in case the director needs anything else done before the auditions. Then I have another one Tuesday for the production staff meeting together. It's pretty exciting now that the ball is rolling!

Oh one more thing. The one challenge I'm going to have to overcome in this process is the fear of asking questions. I usually just keep my mouth shut if I'm afraid of sounding silly or stupid, but now if it is at all unclear I need to ask to make sure I have the correct information. I'm doing good so far but I've caught myself a couple times already in this first meeting trying to hold back questions. Good thing I'm aware of this now and don't discover it half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment