Sunday, January 18, 2009

Week 2

Monday 12
Auditions began! I was so nervous to begin the audition process. I didn't know what to expect at all. I went a half hour early to talk with the director about what all he needed to have done before we started. I had to make a sign to say that our auditions were in the Lab Theatre instead of on the Mainstage because the other play was rehearsing in there. I also wrote down all the people signed up on the list so I had an idea of how many to expect while in the audition. Oh, I was also excited to sit in on the audition process to see how the director decided on things and ran his auditions. We brought in 4 people at a time (if there was a full group). We didn't have a full night and got done a few hours early. Which was nice.

Tuesday 13
Day two of the auditions! This was a hectic night because we had people in every time slot. We also got more men this night. We hadn't had very many show up the night before so having them the second night was relieving. It went the same way as the night before as far as the set up. After the auditions were over the directer and I had to put the call back list together. That was a complicated process, but we managed to get the list sent out via email before midnight.

Wednesday 14
Callbacks! Now I thought Tuesday was a hectic night, but I was wrong! Callbacks were crazy. I tried to keep us on time as much as I could, but I think when we were making the callback time slots we should have made them bigger than what we had. I had to keep track of all the piles of audition forms. I had paper clipped together groups for the director and then handed the ones he was going to see to him. I would usually sort the piles he handed back into seeing later or cast pile. I'm glad that I had sorted the audition forms before I came as well. That helped me out alot when we were bringing in groups quickly to try to make up time. I felt bad that we were behind but the people auditioning didn't seem too upset about it, or as far as I knew. I definitely made sure to thank them for their patience. After we finished with all of them we had to decide on a cast. It was a difficult process, but we managed to get done right before midnight once again.

Thursday 15
Our first read-through! I made it my goal before the read-through to form a contact list so I could have them check over the information. I made the mistake of leaving the lead role off the list because she was already cast and felt pretty foolish about that, but I doubt she'll feel animosity towards me for it. We met for the first time as a cast. Had introductions and then read the play together. I think everyone is excited to work on it and that makes me even more excited. Knowing people are looking forward to it as well makes me think this is going to be a enjoyable process. I am worried about finding a juggler for the show, though. We need an excellent juggler but no one seems to know how. I hope we find one soon, it'll be one less thing to worry about. Now for a week off from the show while the director and some of the cast runs off to KCACTF competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment